Princess Cruises has announced it is preparing the 3,560 guest Regal Princess as the second ship fully activated with the ‘Princess Medallion’. All Regal Princess’ guests will have full access from February 17, 2019, during the ship’s current Caribbean season. The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully-automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. Its features include:
- A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier entry and exit
- Keyless stateroom access
- Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and accordingly offer a more personalised service
- OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
- Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
- Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
- A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess was the first ship to have full Medallion access. It is based in the Caribbean all year round. Tony Roberts, vice president, Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “We’ve received excellent feedback from guests and crew members who have experienced using the Medallion on Caribbean Princess as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation.
“The more personalised service we are now able to provide is benefiting guests from the moment they set foot on board. The Medallion enhances so much of what we offer, from speedy embarkation, to staying in touch with friends and family, to finding your way across the ship, to ordering drinks.”
The Medallion will continue to roll out as part of a phased fleet-wide activation plan with further announcements to be made in due course. An eleven-day Scandinavia & Russia round trip cruise on Regal Princess sets sail from Copenhagen on May 10, 2019. Currently, it includes free flights and transfers. Ports of call are St Petersburg, Berlin (Warnemunde), Stockholm (Nynashamn), Oslo, Helsinki and Tallinn. Prices are from £1,499 per person.*
To book visit www.princess.com or contact your local travel agent.